Like Tim O’Reilly I was an early joiner on Twitter who initially found it useless but now find it indispensable. He pretty much covers the territory in this post.
I’d add that Twitter may become the primary B-B marketing platform in social media. As he notes, its simplicity actually makes it more powerful that feature-laden sources like LinkedIn (which I also use more and more frequently as my social network of choice).
You can follow me on Twitter @martinedic
And connect on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/martinedic
Social Pros is a new Group on LinkedIn with a simple yet ridiculous goal: To be the largest LinkedIn group for Social Media Professionals.
First, what are Social Pros?
- marketing and PR people who get social media
- community managers who build and moderate social media for companies and organizations
- pundits, consultants, analysts, prognosticators, seers and makers creating new social media applications and services
- connectors, hubs and spokes
Why LinkedIn Groups?
- they’re focused on business (hence the ‘Pros’ moniker)
- ROI is measurable via connections and introductions
- using the pre-eminent business social network will attract business people who only marginally understand social media, helping us cross the chasm
- Safe For Work
I could go on but instead I want to wear my mad scientist lab coat and declare:
We are out to take over the world!
Join us. And invite others -you know, like virally…
Related articles by Zemanta
- Brand Management
- Business Development
- Case Studies
- Education Marketing
- Google and Search
- Guest Post
- Memes and Trends
- Off Topic
- Risk Management
- Sentiment and Tone
- SM2 Community
- Social Media
- Social Media Monitoring
- Social Networks
- Techrigy News
- The Business of Social Media